Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past week or so, you probably know what today is. Out of all of the Holidays celebrated around the world, the one many will be celebrating today is by far the worst in my eyes. I’ve never liked it, no matter what relationship status I’ve got set on my Facebook, this day is never one I look forward to. It’s a view I share with many people, but I’m not here to just complain about it.
This year, I am single. Let me tell you, I think I do life much better single. I might ultimately get married one day, and I have nothing against that thought in general, but as the person I am today, the single life is my thing.
I enjoy not having to live my days around another person. I enjoy having my bed to myself, and getting to eat all my food, and not having to spend extra money on someone else. And yeah, when I see certain couples around I get a little lonely, but I tend to get over that pretty quick when I don’t have to fight with someone else over what movie to watch. That’s simply the place I am in my life, where being on my own sounds so much more appealing.
So what will I be doing today since I’m so very single? Here’s my list…
- Sleeping in. In my own bed, with all of the covers to myself.
- Eating whatever I want. If I go out for food it will be take out, I’ll eat my choice of noms at home on the couch and it will be great. No waiting for reservation times.
- Wearing sweat pants all day. No uncomfortable dresses or heels for this lady. At least not today.
- Slaying dragons. I’ll have a hot date with my XBOX.
- Preparing myself for day-after chocolate sales. Half price chocolate is so great.
If you are single today, and are sad because you don’t have a date, I urge you, don’t be. Just because you are single on the one day society makes it especially unfortunate to be single, does not make you any less awesome as a person. Take this opportunity to have a date with yourself, to really make yourself feel special without needing someone else to do that for you. I promise you, your relationship status on this day does not measure your worth.
For all of you who are not single today and are celebrating, I hope you have fun and enjoy your time with whoever you call “bae.”
How will you be spending Singles Awareness Day?